Samstag, 24. September 2011
Five days after Allans 100th birthday I will give a summary of the events which took place, combined with links, reviews and features of interest. Nevertheless the centenary season is continuing – with several concerts coming up, see the concert page (updated 24/9) for details.
* Roman Kofman conducted the 7th symphony in Amsterdam, Concertgebouw (17.9.)
* Peter Ruzicka conducted the 7th symphony in Oldenburg (18.9./19.9.), review in Nordwest-Zeitung (19.9.)
* Eivind Aadland conducted the 7th symphony with Oslo Philharmonic in Oslo (22.9.), review on KulturSpeilet
* Christian Lindberg gave a special encore in Konserthus Stockholm on 22.9., after Anders Eliassons trombone concerto he decided to play “Min längtan” on the trombone and recited the text, too.
* Norman Lebrecht wrote on “Slipped Discs”: “The centenary that everyone forgot” (16.9.)
* Svenska Dagbladet published a portrait of Allan Pettersson: “Stridbar symfoniker” (17.9.)
* Alban Nikolai Herbst wrote an article for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (24.9.) (see blog entry)
Deutschlandradio Kultur, WDR, NDR Nordwestradio, Nederlands Radio4 and the British BBC3 program broadcasted programs about Allan Pettersson – within the BBC program a new production of the 7th symphony with the BBC Scottish SO, conducted by Stephen Bell, was presented, the Dutch Radio4 broadcasted a performance of the Radio Filharmonisch Orkest, cond. Roman Kofman.
* Svenska Television published the documentary “Vem fan är Allan Pettersson” (1974) (online in full length!)
* Sveriges Radio P2 broadcasted a documentary “Att komponera är att protestera mot verkligheten” (18.9.), presented works of AP in ad lib (19.9.) and a program “Min längtan” (25.9., 14h !). From 19th of September on all symphonies will be broadcasted. See the Pettersson Page on P2
* Sveriges Radio P1 “Minnen” published interview excerpts with AP – listen to Allan here
* WDR, Sept 17th, “Variationen”, 16:05 p.m., Portrait (46”) – *Informations*
* Nederlands Radio 4, “Concerthuis”, concert with Radio Filharmonisch Orkest, Roman Kofman (7th symphony) *Webpage* – stream available!
* BBC3, Sept 19th, “Afternoon on 3 – Money isn’t everything”, 3 p.m. *Informations* (Stream available till 26/09/11 !!)
* WDR, Sept 19th, within the programme “TonArt”, 15:05 p.m. (9”) – *Information & Stream*
* Deutschlandradio Kultur, Sept 19th, 20:03 p.m., (1’25”) Portrait & Music
* Nordwestradio (RB / NDR), Sept 19th, 20:05 p.m. Allan Pettersson & Swedish Music in the 20th Century
* Bayerischer Rundfunk online, Sept 19th, (2”) “Was heute geschah”
Blogs & Other
* Webb-TV.nu presents the new film documentary about AP and the 1st symphony (Bonus-DVD of the BIS CD-production), the film can be seen gratis online till 3.10.2011
* Essay on the “Seven Sonatas” from Cecilia Gelland on Derek Ho’s Pettersson Blog (18.9.)
* Kulturdelen (18.9.)
* Musik- och teaterbloggen, Pär Johansson (18.9.)
* Bokstugan (Karlskronas bibliotek) (19.9.)
* Annapolis (19.9.)
* Den langsamma bloggen: “Vem fan var Allan Pettersson” (21.9.)
* Süddeutsche Zeitung about AP Chamber Music/MDG (Harald Eggebrecht, 7.9.): “Brüten”
* Svenska Dagbladet about BIS Symphony 1&2/Lindberg (14.9.): “Petterssons egen röst tar form”
* Sveriges Radio about BIS Symphony 1&2/Lindberg (18.9.)