Das kam mir leider sehr kurzfristig auf den Tisch, aber dennoch: am kommenden Mittwoch, 20. Juli gastiert das Duo Gelland bei den Holzhauser Musiktagen am Starnberger See. Auf dem Programm steht neben Werken von Hindemith, Reger, Alsted, Busch und Dahlgren auch die 5. Sonate für zwei Violinen von Allan Pettersson. Das Konzert findet um 20 Uhr in der Seeresidenz Alte Post in Seeshaupt (-> Google Maps) statt.
The 2010/2011 concert season is nearly over – but there a still news coming up concerning the Pettersson centenary:
* The Leipziger Streichquartett who recorded Allan Petterssons 1st Violin Concerto and chamber music is going to perform the 1st Violin Concerto with Yamei Yu in the Gewandhaus Leipzig October, 30th, combined with the string quintet by Anton Bruckner (!) – please read the announcement of the Gewandhaus for more information. They will also play the Violin Concerto in a concert of the „Bayrische Akademie der schönen Künste“, München, November 24th.
* The BBC pays attention to the Pettersson centenary. Following the latest news from Gehrmans, BBC radio will include works of AP within 19th to 23rd of September in their afternoon broadcasts on Radio 3. It is not yet sure if there is a chance of public concerts or recordings going along with the broadcast.
* klassik.com publishes an interview with Yamei Yu, soloist of the Violin-Concerto recording of MDG. There is also a review of the CD from Dr. Stefan Drees, named „In Petterssons Welt“
* The MDG CD is also reviewed by Norman Lebrecht and was „CD of the week“ in June.
* Obviously, there has been a further Pettersson-performance in Sweden in June, referring to this notice. Maria Herrlin sung a few Pettersson songs in Felestads kyrka, Svalöv and violinist Anna-Lena Norlander played chamber pieces. The concert was dedicated to the centenaries of Liszt and Pettersson.
Please have a look at the Pettersson-Calendar for updates!